A 2012 report commissioned by the District analyzes past and recommends future ways to govern water resources. Interviewing public and private parties, the authors conclude that the District should "cooperate and partner" as much as possible with these parties. Click on the link above to access the report, which with abstract, body, and conclusions runs almost 70 pages.
Strategic Resource Evaluation
Written by HDR Engineering, the Strategic Resource Evaluation is "A comprehensive survey and review of on-going resource management and monitoring efforts" in the District. The document extends the analyses and implementations of the third Water Management Plan, also prepared by HDR, in 2011.
- Strategic Resource Evaluation (body of report)
- Appendix A: Lakes Data Summary
- Appendix B: Streams Data Summary
- Appendix C: Wetlands Data Summary
- Appendix D: Fens Data Summary
- Appendix E: Category 2 Streams Feasibility Study
- Appendix F: Implementation Plan
Third Water Management Plan
After review by citizens and agencies, including the state Board of Water and Soil Resources at year-end 2011, the District's third Water Management Plan (sometimes called a 509 plan) has been approved.
- Foreward and Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Section 1, 1: Land and Water Resources Inventory
- Section 1, 2: Bedrock Geology, etc.
- Section 1, 3: Surface Water Resources, etc.
- Section 1, 4: Chaska's Clayhole Lakes, etc.
- Section 1, 5: Dean Lake, Minnesota River, etc.
- Section 1, 6: Streams and Fens
- Section 1, 7: Groundwater Resources, etc.
- Section 1, 8: Recreational Areas & Maps
- Section 1, 9: Navigation, etc.
- Section 1, 10: Waste
- Section 2: Issues and Problems
- Section 3: Goals, Policies and Management Strategies
- Section 4: Implementation Program
- Section 5: Impact of Implementation
- Section 6: Administration
- References and Appendix